Financial matters for Co‐habitees

London Solicitor Financial matters for Co‐habitees

For those who are not married, or who have not entered into a civil partnership, the law and your rights in relation to property purchased during your relationship are different. Disputes in relation to property are dealt with through a claim under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA).

As with a divorce and dissolution of a civil partnership, it is hoped that financial matters can be dealt with by way of mediation or negotiations between parties.

Applications under Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 can resolve disputes about who is entitled to occupy the property, and decide the nature and extent of the ownership of the property.

This is at times complex and a confusing area of law relating to trusts and beneficial ownership. It also requires a sharp tactical knowhow in relation to achieving the best and most effective outcome. We have sound knowledge and experience in this area of law, and we are able to advise and guide you through this process.

The cost of being represented in an application to Courts is not insignificant to deal with financial matters, however, it is in your best interests to be legally represented to obtain your fair share of the joint assets. We can give you the best possible advice and our family lawyers will represent you robustly to achieve the best possible outcome. Please contact us to discuss the matter of fees, and also the options available in relation to the payment of your legal fees.

Copyright © 2022 MFI Law Limited

site by