London Solicitor Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
There are specific rules for applying for a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa.
This route is for a sportsperson who is internationally recognised at the highest level and will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level in the UK.
This application is points based and has very stringent requirements which must be met. You will require specified points for a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) application to be successful.
You can apply for a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa if all of the following apply:
- You are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach recognised by your sport's governing body as internationally established at the highest level;
- Your sport's governing body is endorsing your application;
- Your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level;
- You are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland;
- You meet the other eligibility requirements.
You must also:
- Have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your sponsor;
- Meet the English requirement;
- passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening;
- having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelors degree;
- You must also have £945.00 in savings.
Please note that you will also need to pay the medical surcharge as part of an application for a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa.
If successful, you can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa for up to 3 years. You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 3 years to a maximum stay of 6 years. The following requirements will apply:
- 12 months have passed and your previous certificate of sponsorship was granted for less than 3 months;
- you can show you'll be paid a gross annual salary of £155,300.00 or more.
There may be further requirements to meet depending on your specific circumstances.
Please call us for more information and/or advice on 0208 679 5100 or alternatively, on 07724 513 822 or send us an email to see how we can help you.
At MFI Law Limited Solicitors, our Immigration Solicitors are passionate about the work they do on behalf of their clients. They are able to deal with a wide range of matters concerning Tier 2 based categories. Whether it is an application for entry clearance or leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, our Immigration Solicitors can help you.
Our Immigration Solicitors have the experience and expertise to handle any applications concerning Tier 2 based categories. At MFI Law Limited Solicitors, we will endeavour to ensure that your application is prepared carefully in accordance with the relevant Immigration laws including Appendix FM and that is submitted to the Home Office in a timely manner.
How we can help you
For a majority of our immigration matters, we charge a fixed fee.
It is our usual practice to require any fees that are payable for work to be done on your behalf to be paid in advance before any work is carried out. This means that you must pay before any work is started, including applications that need to be submitted to the Home Office or for any appeals that need to be lodged with the First‐tier Tribunal.
However, we do understand that not everyone will be able to pay in this manner. That is why we offer flexible payment options for individual clients.
For a confidential consultation to speak with us about how we can help you about your immigration matter, please call us on 0208 679 5100 or alternatively, on 07724 513 822 or send us an email.
We are happy to discuss your immigration matter with you over the telephone initially so that you can decide before what you want to do or how you wish to proceed. If you are interested in seeking more information and/or advice and want to see us for an appointment in person, we ask for an initial payment on account of £150.00 to be made in advance to us after which an appointment is arranged with one of our Immigration Solicitors.
If you do instruct us and proceed ahead with the making of any application or appeal, this initial payment will be taken off the cost of the matter that we deal with on your behalf. However, in the event that you do not proceed and instruct us on any matter, then the initial payment will cover the cost of the appointment and will be non‐refundable.